2007/03/29

Double Object Pronouns

I pronomi doppi (Double Object Pronouns)

(Note: Before doing this file, you will need to have studied direct and indirect object pronouns, ne and the passato prossimo.)

Introduction. We can replace direct and indirect objects with their respective pronouns:

Direct object pronouns: mi, ti, lo, la, ci, vi, li, le
Indirect object pronouns: mi, ti, gli, le, ci, vi, gli (loro)

If both types of object occur in a sentence, we can also replace both with pronouns. When we use the double object pronouns, the indirect one always precedes the direct one:

me lo, te li, ce la, ve le, ecc.

Note that mi, ti, ci, vi and reflexive si change to me, te, ce, ve and se before the direct object pronoun. Gli, le, and loro all change to glie- before the direct object pronoun. We can also use the particella ne; this goes in the position of the direct object pronouns.

Esempi:

Serve la torta a me. = Me la serve.
...a te Te la serve.
...a lui Gliela serve.
...a lei Gliela serve.
...a voi Ve la serve.
...a noi Ce la serve.

Serve il caffé a me. = Me lo serve.
...l'aragosta a me. Me la serve.
...il maiale a me. Me lo serve.
...gli spinaci a me. Me li serve.
...delle mele a me. Me ne serve.
...dell'acqua a me. Me ne serve.
...del vino a me. Me ne serve.

Source: The Italian Program at the University of Kentucky

0 件のコメント: